- They spoil the appearance of your lawn.
- Put dirt all through your flip-flops and shoes.
- Are responsible for a large number of ankle and knee injuries each year.
- Cause cycling and skateboarding accidents alongside footpaths.
- Damage mowers and mower blades.
- De-stabilise your lawn making it uneven and prone to collapse.
- Track mud all through your home on feet and paws.
- Will aggressively defend their nest if attacked
- Unwitting young children play with the nests and get stung!
- They are difficult to prevent without professional treatment.
Funnel Ants are making an unsightly appearance on a property near you!
D.I.Y. attempts to rid your lawn of funnel ants are unlikely to have an impact, especially over time. Treatment needs to be injected down every single funnel and must come into contact with the entire colony.
Named after the cone-shaped entrance of their nests, funnel ant colonies can severely affect the stability of your lawn, making it uneven and increasingly difficult to walk on.